Goddess University Instructor Training Program:
Now enrolling for Goddess University Open Enrollment Session: July 2019
Thank you for your interest in entering our Goddess University Instructor Training program! Completion of our Pole & Aerial Fundamentals Teach Training course is a required prerequisite for anyone that is interested in applying to our official RGF instructor training program. We take hiring instructors very seriously and as a potential applicant, you should take the decision seriously as well. Below please find some FAQ’s that may help in your decision to apply to our Goddess University Training Program. We believe in being fully transparent and upfront about the amount of time and commitment required for our training program and subsequent instructor expectations.
What skills do I need to have mastered to apply to the training program?
Any potential applicant should have completed at least Tier 2 of any given apparatus before applying to our Goddess University training program. Additionally, completion of our Pole & Aerial Fundamentals Training is a requirement for application.
When does the next upcoming round of Goddess University begin?
Our official start date for the program is July 14, 2019.
What does the Goddess University Training program entail and require?
We will begin with immersive group training sessions on Sundays from 9-10:30am. These trainings will be held with RGF owners, Michelle & Laurial. During these sessions we will go even deeper into the principles covered in Pole & Aerial Fundamentals.
- You will receive direct attention and mentorship from Michelle & Laurial where we will work with you on cueing, spotting, learning new skills, class management, studio responsibilities and RGF brand culture training.
- This program will last 8 weeks.
- By the time the immersive sessions are complete, you will see a major advancement in your own personal skill level as well as your teaching prowess.
- Acceptance into Goddess University is not an offer of employment at Rising Goddess Fitness. This will be a period of evaluation to ensure that being an instructor of the studio is a good fit. This is additional training that we are providing to you at no cost.
- On a case by case basis, depending upon speed of advancement during our immersive sessions, we will begin having you co-teach with other RGF instructors. This will likely happen in tandem with the immersive sessions. During this time you will be able to take the practical skills you’ve learned in this weekend’s training along with everything you’ve learned in the immersive training and apply it in an actual classroom setting, while having an RGF instructor present to help mentor you. During co-teaching you will be paid minimum wage. Further, we will also require you to shadow specific classes as an observer where you will take notes and learn solely by observation. These shadowing opportunities are on an unpaid basis.
- Must lead a mock community class and receive feedback.
- As part of your Goddess University training you must be available for support for front desk assistance for a total of 4 hours of training (these hours can be completed at any point during the training period).
What happens if I need to miss one of the Goddess University immersive training sessions?
We understand things come up and life happens. However, it’s important to us that you commit to attending these sessions. You may not miss more than 2 of the 8 sessions of the training or you will be removed from the training program. Additionally, the two weeks you may miss, may not be consecutive. Please note we will have sessions on the following days:
- July 14, 2019
- July 21, 2019
- July 28, 2019
- August 11, 2019 (note: NO session on 8/3/19)
- August 18, 2019
- August 25, 2019
- September 8, 2019 (note: NO session on 9/1/19)
- September 22, 2019 (note: NO session on 9/15/19)
Besides technical training, what else is RGF looking for in a potential applicant?
While technical skills are important in the long run, those can be taught. RGF hires for ATTITUDE over aptitude. Our culture is hugely important to us. It is extremely important to us that any instructor we hire, fits into, embodies and lives our culture and values. If you believe yourself to be a team player who is drama-free, committed, available, open minded and willing to learn and accept feedback, you might be a great fit!
What do I need to do to apply?
If you’ve read all of these requirements and can commit to them, we are excited to invite you to apply! We will be sending out a questionnaire to our entire training group to officially apply to the program. The link to apply will be sent no later than 6/12/19 and should be filled out and completed no later than 6/16/19 to officially apply.
Once I apply, what can I expect?
- We will be in contact with you to potentially set up some or all of the following;
- Phone chat to talk about your application and RGF’s needs.
- Meeting with members of our leadership team.
- Meeting with Laurial and Michelle.
- All final decisions regarding who will be admitted into the Goddess University Training program will be made by July 5, 2019.
After I complete the Goddess University Training program requirements, will I get my own class(es)?
Possibly. It will depend upon studio needs and where you are in your instructor journey. We may require you to continue taking classes as a student if needed to further your skill set, on a case by case basis. At a minimum you will be approved as a potential substitute instructor and cleared to teach any parties at the studio. With that said, It is our ultimate goal to help you move into a full lead instructor role as soon as possible.
What is expected of me if I were to become an instructor?
- RGF is a for profit business with core values around empowering women. We expect you to treat the business with respect as well as ensuring you follow our core values so that our clients have the experience we expect. You must live by the RGF Brand Values every day:
- Sign a Non-Compete Clause
- Must be available Tuesdays 4-6 pm for our weekly instructor classes at a minimum of twice per month. If you are unable to attend right at 4pm, you may come at any point between 4-5pm but must be present at least twice monthly.
- Must maintain a minimum commitment to RGF of 2 days per week at a minimum of 2 consecutive classes per day.
- Must be willing and available to sub classes, teach workshops and teach parties.
- Must maintain approved continuing education in order to keep the classes including continuing your own student journey.
- Must obtain/maintain ACE or AFAA group fitness certification within 4 months of entering the training program (approximate cost ranges from $199-$399), If you already possess or will be completing certification through Yoga Alliance OR a Pilates Certification, we will waive the ACE or AFAA requirement.
- Must obtain/maintain CPR/First Aid certification (approximate cost is $50).
- All instructors are required to shadow their peers’ classes periodically for continuing education purposes.
- Take a Predictive Index test (cost will be paid by RGF). This is a test that helps us understand your personality and strengths/weaknesses.
Please note: RGF reserves the right to reasonably change expectations as business requires.
How many people are you looking to hire?
For this round of instructor open enrollment we are looking to hire anywhere between 3-6 people.
What if I’m not ready to apply to the program yet?
If you aren’t ready yet, you can apply in the future when we have open enrollment for new instructors. We anticipate this to be sometime in the fall or winter.